A UFO Abductee's Newsletter: Richard Price's Newsletter, The Jupiter II file. Vol. VI, No. 1.



I've been returning to writing about strange claims and fringe claims from a skeptical, rational viewpoint over the last year. There have been a couple book reviews in The Skeptical Inquirer, and I've made steps to resurrect my website, a place where I shared many of my skeptical writings. You can check some of the website out here: http://hamchuckwc.com/skep-index.html. and the UFO stuff here:  http://hamchuckwc.com/UFO-page-hamchuckwc.html

I've also been invited to contribute to a book, a collection of academic essays on the reliability of UFO witnesses put together by Vicente-Juan Ballester Olmos. The book should be released sometime next year and hopefully I will be able to share more details as they develop. (And, as always, please don't forget to purchase and read my books, Scams from the Great Beyond and More Scams from the Great Beyond, available at Amazon and other book dealers. For more details, please see   My Amazon Author's Page or My Goodreads Author's Page for more details on my books. 

My essay will be called, "Contacts with Contactees" and focus on my impressions on the self-identified UFO abductees that I have met. These include Richard Price, a local man who obtained some publicity for himself not only through his belief that he was abducted by space aliens but also by his belief to have an implant that the aliens allegedly put inside his body. For the record, I believe Price to be quite sincere. I do not, however, believe he was ever abducted by space aliens.

With that stated, I am sharing images of each of the three copies of Richard Price's newsletter that were in my files. He would share with the general public, friends, acquaintances, and subscribers. 

For historical purposes and to aid with research into this type of claims I am sharing images of these materials. I do not claim copyright to them. I do not endorse their contents, but merely share them to aid with understanding such claims. 











 Note: Multiple efforts were made to contact Richard Price or discover his whereabouts prior to writing this piece. Sometime around 2002 or so, he moved out of New York state, and no one I know has heard from him since. Attempts to contact him through local skeptic, astronomy, and New Age circles led to nothing. Reaching out to MUFON, the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry (formerly CSICOP), and even David Pritchard produced polite responses indicating that they had no idea where he was. Requests for leads on several social media sites achieved nothing as well. Attempts to phone his former manager and friend from the astronomy group went unanswered.  If he were 8 years old at the time of the alleged abduction in 1955, then he is or would be 77 today.

Comments