Alexandria Ocasio Cortez and the Foot Fetishists


My oh my oh my. I'm not really a fan of Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, hereafter abbreviated as "AOC."  Due to geography, I can't vote for her, and I'm not sure I would if I could. However, I find her entertaining, I enjoy the way she expands the debate on issues to places it would not otherwise have gone and find this illuminating and interesting (I confess I had no idea the USA once had a 70% income tax on the very wealthy and think it's good for people to know this part of our history.) I also find it disturbing the way in which forces out there are working so hard, in such ridiculous and clumsy ways, to smear her.

For instance, see the analysis article before or my post from last week. And, as I said last week, I believe the truth has a value and when people use lies to attack something, it's worth defending the truth and looking at the issues more closely.

And therefore, this week we find ourselves looking at a photo of a woman's feet in the bathtub.

We do this because . . . well . . . American politics 2019. 'Nuff said.




It seems that a few weeks ago, somebody posted this on the internet announcing that these were AOC's feet. And that if you looked closely at the water spout you could see a reflection of her breasts. And, honestly, I have to say that if you are that desperate to look at someone's breasts, anyone's breasts, even the breasts of a sitting US Congresswoman, well, that's pretty weird. But wait, the story gets stranger.


The photo then apparently circulated, passed around in internet circles for reasons best left undiscussed by people who really should look in the mirror and think about what this says about them, until it got to, of all places, an internet site where people actually devote most of their time to discussing and analyzing photos of women's feet.

https://www.wikifeet.com/ Now I had never heard of wikifeet dot com. I had never wanted to look at or even think about wikifeet dot com but it's one of those things that if you understand the internet at all, well, you knew it had to be out there. And, no surprise, it is.

And, for the record, if everyone's consent adults, and no one's getting hurt, and people wish to gaze upon, admire, fondle, even lick of taste each other's feet, so long as they're not getting in my face about it, well more power to them. Do what you want to do if it makes you happy and hurts no one and just don't tell me about it unless I ask, please. That's all I ask.

And the folks at wikifeet soon took an interest in the photo. And they soon noticed something was not right

The image was not AOC and the claim that it was was a lie. In short, the picture was a fraud.

And they were quite sure about this.

According to the Motherboard.Vice article, an early piece, perhaps the breaking piece on the story, and one that is linked below in the sources section, a foot fetishist involved with wikifeet using the internet handle jokes_on_you told them by e-mail "I’ve sucked enough toes in my life to recognize when something doesn’t look right. Because we can’t dorsi- or plantarflex our 2nd-5th toes independently I knew it wasn’t a matter of the toe being bent. I thought that maybe she has some form of brachydactyly but her Wikifeet page has clear evidence to the contrary. So it was clear to me that it wasn’t her feet."

Soon the people at wikifeet checked photos of Ocasio Cortez in sandals or open toed shoes. The feet did not match.

They noted the photo showed someone with a toe condition called "brachydactyly,"  a condition where toes are short compared to the rest of the body, and noted that Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have that condition.

Ultimately they identified the photo as one from 2016. The toes belong a woman who used the name "Leathers," a minor celebrity who had been known for sending sexually explicit texts with Anthony Weiner, during his 2013 mayoral run. Leathers admitted the photo was hers, and she had once posted it online, and even went so far as to write an apology to AOC for the misuse of her feet in the attack and shared it on a website where she writes. You can find the link to that below as well.


RESPONSE 

https://washingtonbabylon.com/sydney-leathers-apologizes-to-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-those-are-my-feet/

ANALYSIS



SOURCES

https://nypost.com/2019/01/09/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-bathtub-photo-debunked-by-foot-fetishists/



This is an early report, while clearly editorialized, it predates many of the others and contains interesting links.

https://www.someecards.com/news/news/foot-fetishist-fake-nude-alexandria-ocasio-cortez/

It cites this, one of the first reports.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/gy774j/a-fake-nude-of-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-was-debunked-by-foot-fetishists?utm_source=mbtwitter



ORIGINAL SOURCES


https://www.reddit.com/r/Drama/comments/acxqk9/mommys_titties_on_the_faucet/edbp9l4/

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1448054-ocasio-cortez-fake-nudes




     






Comments