Learn How to make Crystal, Clear Ice while I take a break from writing about the Violence Dynamics seminar


Update Biographical and Educational Details on Ms. Tammy Yard-McCracken
Credited VS Unaccredited Degrees, licensing, educational standards and the Case of Tammy Yard McCracken, a doctor by some standard but not others

Experts? More Questions about Tammy Yard-McCracken, self described violence dynamic expert


In May, I went to an event called "Violence Dynamics Boston" and have done extensive blogging about it , as well as posts inspired by it, since then. ( Buy my books!  ) I am, in fact, quite proud of the posts on interacting with street people. 

In fact, when I sat down and asked myself "Is there more to say?" I had to think long and hard. And even when I realized there was, I realized the subjects are either petty or complex. (But I did put some stuff on instructors' qualifications below.) 

So this week, I'm going to take a break. Now I have material for at least one more post on the event itself, something I may or may not write, and I hope to soon write a series of posts on the subject of "Street Etiquette" as soon as I organize my thoughts. 



So, just stay tuned and if all goes to plan, God willing, I will organize my ideas and start writing about Street Etiquette, behavior and manners for a high risk social environments.  


In the meantime, be good, be nice to each other, and if you really wish to learn more James Bond type stuff, here's how to make the perfect, crystal-clear ice for your cocktails for when you find yourself, dressed in that snazzy bullet proof tuxedo, shoe phone, and watch-garrette, at a really chic cocktail party schmoozing with Russian spies. 




Isn't she cute?





There. Hope you've got your James Bond vibe on. For the moment, I'm heading off to do other things. Hopefully someday I'll come back and write about "Street Etiquette and Social Behaviors for High Risk Social Environments." I've got to take a break, do other things, and while I do I'll be organizing my thoughts.


====


I could always write more on the credentials and qualifications and backgrounds of the instructors-- but really why should I? Of course, it's important. If someone has been using misleading credentials to gain access to forums and opportunities that they would not normally have, while appearing as an expert witness for the defense at police brutality trials it's quite important, not to say that anyone did this, of course, but they might have. (Did Tammy Yard-McCracken reveal that her husband is a cop when she was admitted as an expert witness in a police brutality trial?) But really why should I? I mean, write your own. You may recall that I had mentioned, more than once, that while Tammy Yard-McCracken self-identifies as a PhD psychologist her PhD appears to have come from the Eisner Institute, an unaccredited school. Is this a big thing? Is it important? I could argue that most people who work in academia and human resources consider an unaccredited degree to be a major "red flag," but please, for many, many reasons don't take my word on it. PLEASE, do not listen to me. Why should you? I've got close friends and relatives who do not listen to me. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. You can for instance, google it and then write your own article and form your own opinions: ( https://www.google.com/search?q=unaccredited+degree+on+resume&rlz=1C1JZAP_enUS798US798&oq=unacreddited+degree&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.18470j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 -By the way, after you do you may find an occasional post that holds a signficantly different opinion from the rest. For instance this one. -- https://www.bestvalueschools.com/rankings/online-colleges/ -- what do you do when you see it? Well, YOU DIG DEEPER.. In this case, the anomolous article appears to come from a site designed to promote on-line and unaccredited schools, hardly an unbiased source on the value of a degree from an unaccredited school. As some may recall, I have a fancy degree from a very good school. A major part of this education was to have it beaten into my head that THE DEEPER YOU DIG INTO A SUBJECT OFTEN THE MORE INTERESTING IT GETS AND THE MORE  YOU LEARN.)

Comments

  1. I ran across your posts in random search. Interestingly, I knew T. McCracken professionally. A couple of points for your readership to also consider. In the counseling industry, the license is the most critical aspect of credentialing. McCracken is clinically licensed and has been (I believe) for several decades. The clinical degree therefore must also be from an accredited university. New(er) degree programs require years of matriculating students to become accredited which creates an interesting conundrum in academia. Many, many years ago I served on an internal board with the university I had earned my M.Div. from when they were undergoing their own accreditation process, approximately 10 years after I earned my degree (and having been in operation for many years prior to my enrollment). As I am also a licensed clinical practitioner in the mental health field, I would wonder why a clinically licensed professional with a degree from an accredited university in the industry - for McCracken this would be the University of Houston as I recall - would choose an unaccredited doctoral degree program. Incidentally, I had the opportunity to know McCracken at the time she was pursuing the doctoral degree and have in my memory - what her explanation was for that choice, at that time. In my recollection, she was particularly interested in a course of study linking mental health and physical health. What is now commonly referred to as Mindbody Medicine championed by Jon Kabbat-Zin. At the time, there were few programs offering a course of study in that arena - limited options create limited choices. It is; however, as I noted an interesting conundrum. Do we, in academia, forbid new institutions for higher education from entering the market place BECAUSE they are not accredited? Or perhaps the industry might consider a type of provisional accreditation prior the institution accepting it's first student. But then, how would the accrediting boards know whether or not the program would provide academic value? Whilst we consider these possibilities, I followed your request to research the doctoral program in question. They are currently under review for their master's degree (clinical) accreditation. This is a particularly good indicator of the program's quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So . . . did you practice making crystal clear ice?

    Please see the post above for my response -- https://peterhuston.blogspot.com/2018/10/a-response-to-response-in-response-to.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment