Music Challenge --Day 10 -April March --Chick Habit

For day ten of the challenge, I've chosen April March's Chick Habit. Why?

1. Because "April March" has to be one of the greatest stage names ever created.

2. She does cartoons, like animated TV cartoons, as a day job and that makes me jealous.

3. This song played a key role in the Quentin Tarantino film, Death Proof" and I like Quentin Tarantino and like this film too (even if most of his fans say it is his worst. My taste in Tarantino films is often quite different from that of many of his fans.)

4. Although she's American, she sings a lot of her songs in French and is heavily influenced by French pop music of the 1960s, both of which seem like a "kindred-y spirit-y" sort of thing for me.


Here you can find the full album, one of several she has done.



If this is a little too polished for you, you can check out her early stuff with a band called The Shitbirds.



Comments