Day 8 of the 20 day Music Challenge. -MC Hot Dog

In 2007 I went off to Taiwan and spent my fourth year there. During my time there, this was a big hit and I enjoy it. The basic jist of the song is "I love Taiwanese women" ( 台妹 or Taiwanese little sisters) and at one point he actually differentiates between them and Chinese women, something you have put in Taiwanese historical and political context to properly appreciate. I think the next year, his next album was banned in China (AKA Mainland China) for a mixture or racy and pro-Taiwanese content, but then,in fine Chinese fashion, widely pirated there anyway.






I find this one particularly interesting because not only is there no snow in Taipei, like never, ever, Christmas is not a particularly important holiday.


It's really not easy to sound good doing hip-hop in a monosyllabic language but I think he does a fairly good job.

Comments