20 Day Music Challenge Day 9 -- New Order -- Bizarre Love Triangle

Day 9 of the Music Challenge

More audio wallpaper from different points of my life --Bizarre Love Triangle from New Order.

This was a big song in the 1980s but not too long ago when I taught ESL in Boston I would often arrive for work early and listen to New Order and this song on the internet to get myself in the mood to teach (teaching well is a performing art and sometimes it requires a forced mood shift.) It's been something that has bounced around a lot in the my head.


This is the official video of the song from 1986. At times I've wondered if videos like this (I think their Blue Monday video in particular) shaped my occasionally odd artistic sensibilities.


A fan made video made using clips from Hong Kong films such as Chungking Express.


Extended dance version. 





A couple interesting variations on the song. 

First we have the Chinese language version which was quite big in 2007 when I landed in Taiwan once again. Although the song is not from Taiwan, Sandy Lam, AKA 林憶蓮, is actually from Hong Kong, it was a big hit there at the time and gave the song a big boost in my psyche and kept it floating around near the surface of my consciousness.  




If you like that, well, then you should perhaps like this even more as it's longer.      :-)






And, finally, we even have a Burt Bacharach style cover that gives the song a very unique spin,



Comments