Did Marilyn Monroe get a rib removed to appear more slender?



THIS ARTICLE HAS NOW BEEN MOVED TO MY "SCAMS FROM THE GREAT BEYOND" BLOG . . . 


http://scamsfromthegreatbeyond.blogspot.com/2015/12/did-marilyn-monroe-get-rib-removed-to.html


i seem to be on a skepticism kick. I am, it seems, slightly obsessed lately with trying to correct false
Statements and debunk rumors --perhaps even fight a little bit of hysteria. Of course, this is what I was strongly into in the '90s, back when I wrote the two "Scams from the Great Beyond" books. (Books I intend to put back in print, soon, I hope. But it's actually not that high on the agenda.) We'll see how long this lasts.

In the meantime, I recently heard a claim that Marilyn Monroe had two of her ribs removed in order to make herself more slender and attractive. I found this a little difficult to accept as, although I make no claims at being an expert, I've read two books on Marilyn, both collections of interesting essays, as well as the occasional magazine and newspaper article, as well as portions of her on-line FBI files. (Yes, the FBI kept files on Marilyn Monroe, particularly after and during her marriage to Arthur Miller. They make fascinating reading, particularly since they are so creepy and invasive and were done at taxpayer expense by an organization that I wish had a more admirable history.) At one point, I did a very cursory investigation into her death (somewhat superficial. I only used public, published secondary sources and not the original documents), and found this fascinating too. (And for those interested, my impression is that there was something wrong with the investigation, but it doesn't necessarily imply suicide or a murder cover up, although I don't deny these as possibilities. It seems that her two doctors had not always communicated well and one theory is that they'd accidentally between the two of them over prescribed drugs, and the authorities wished to cover it up.) She was a fascinating woman, paradoxical and intriguing in many ways. Despite this reading, I'd never heard such a thing as a story of Marilyn Monroe having her ribs removed.

Therefore I did a bit of on-line research. Although I don't consider it definitive, there are at least two strong arguments that Marilyn Monroe never had a rib remove . . .

THIS ARTICLE HAS NOW BEEN MOVED TO MY "SCAMS FROM THE GREAT BEYOND" BLOG . . . 


http://scamsfromthegreatbeyond.blogspot.com/2015/12/did-marilyn-monroe-get-rib-removed-to.html

Comments